How to manage margin & lotsize on multiple experts

i've got 12 symbols that have 30 pip stoploss and each can trade by percentage of equity or lot size. i can see that they each use a relative drawdown of up to 17% and as low as 1%. after comparing the statements of backtests it would seem there are times there are experts that open trades at the same time and might impact performance of margin and lot size. spread is a factor and is regulated by a maximum which was tested at the highest. how do i balance margin and risk? are there any tools or tricks of the trade that help evaluate strategy tester results for use in multi-expert advisor trading?

30 pips is meaningless
  • You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  • Account Balance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip)
  • Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot
  • You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  • You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out

whroeder1:
30 pips is meaningless
  • You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  • Account Balance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip)
  • Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot
  • You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  • You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out

Im not focusing on the programming side of it..

I have to figure out what to do with strategy tester details in order to know whats safe to trade a live account. I've tested a couple currencies and time frames and now I want to put it all together. How to conclusion the addition of an EA to my live account?

Guest44941:

Im not focusing on the programming side of it..

How to conclusion the addition of an EA to my live account?

Contradictory statements.

whroeder1:
Contradictory statements.
please explain