Are there still a lot of MetaTrader4 Pre-Build 600 Users?

Hello, 

I am a software developer who is considering creating a piece of software for MetaTrader4 and MetaTrader5.

I am trying to determine if I can save programming time by focusing only MetaTrader4 Build 600 and above, or if I need to worry about Pre-Build 600 users of MetaTrader4.

Are there still a lot of MetaTrader4 Pre-Build 600 Users, or are almost all of the MetaTrader4 users using Build 600 and above?

Thank you in advance,

Robox

Robox:

Hello, 

I am a software developer who is considering creating a piece of software for MetaTrader4 and MetaTrader5.

I am trying to determine if I can save programming time by focusing only MetaTrader4 Build 600 and above, or if I need to worry about Pre-Build 600 users of MetaTrader4.

Are there still a lot of MetaTrader4 Pre-Build 600 Users, or are almost all of the MetaTrader4 users using Build 600 and above?

Thank you in advance,

Robox

None. The old clients cannot connect to the new servers and the Brokers are forced to stay reasonably up to date with the latest builds.

I believe the Brokers were forced to move up to build 940 a few months back.

https://forum.mql4.com/73054

Metaquotes 2016.06.29 17:33

New MetaTrader 4 build 985: Built-in MQL5.community Chat

MetaTrader 4 platform update is to be released on Friday, July 1, 2016. The update will feature the following changes:

Support for MetaTrader 4 terminal versions below 940 to end on July 1, 2016

After July 1, 2016, MetaTrader 4 terminal versions below 940 will be no longer supported. Unsupported terminal builds will not be able to connect to new server versions. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you update your terminals.
MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing

Robox:

Hello, 

Thank you in advance,

Robox

still most users and coders are on mt4 but its build 1010+

Bernhard Schweigert:
still most users and coders are on mt4 but its build 1010+

Yes, but if you distribute code to the MQL4 Market you should compile your mql4 to ex4 using the lowest supported build version (940 currently)

If you distribute binaries compiled with version 1010 they may not run on 940 clients. (Especially if you use new MQL4 compiler features)

James Cater:

Yes, but if you distribute code to the MQL4 Market you should compile your mql4 to ex4 using the lowest supported build version (940 currently)

If you distribute binaries compiled with version 1010 they may not run on 940 clients. (Especially if you use new MQL4 compiler features)

those 940 clients have to update. Newer compiller does it means safer to not been decompilled?

MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing

James Cater, whroeder1, and Bernhard Schweigert,

Thank you very much for your excellent help and for your time.

That's the best news I could have hoped for... It's great that developers only need to worry about the MT4 Build 600+ MQL4 API, and the MQL5 API.  I would hate to have to worry about a third, older API.

Thanks again,

Robox

Reason: