Download MetaTrader 5

Copyright - indicator based on someone elses work.

To add comments, please log in or register
Unable to find the answer to your question? Use the search!
Sync37
Sync37 2016.11.10 23:28 

Hi All

I'm trying to develop an indicator that fully complies with the work of Tom Demark as detailed in his and Jason Perls books.  I have no problem in crediting them as the source of the strategy but wonder what the position is with their copyright/trademarks? 

I see a lot of indicators and EAs based on other peoples research but wonder if there is a need to get the their permission to use their work in something that I develop?

I'd appreciate any comments.

Michael

Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2016.11.10 23:33  
Sync37:

Hi All

I'm trying to develop an indicator that fully complies with the work of Tom Demark as detailed in his and Jason Perls books.  I have no problem in crediting them as the source of the strategy but wonder what the position is with their copyright/trademarks? 

I see a lot of indicators and EAs based on other peoples research but wonder if there is a need to get the their permission to use their work in something that I develop?

I'd appreciate any comments.

Michael

Are you sure that your indicator does not exist already? There is practically nothing that hasn't been coded for mt4/mt5!
Sync37
Sync37 2016.11.10 23:36  
Carl Schreiber:
Are you sure that your indicator does not exist already? There is practically nothing that hasn't been coded for mt4/mt5!
There are various versions of it but I haven't found any that fully implement all of the rules as described in the books.  It is Sequential, Combo and maybe some others.
To add comments, please log in or register