Copyright - indicator based on someone elses work.

Hi All

I'm trying to develop an indicator that fully complies with the work of Tom Demark as detailed in his and Jason Perls books.  I have no problem in crediting them as the source of the strategy but wonder what the position is with their copyright/trademarks? 

I see a lot of indicators and EAs based on other peoples research but wonder if there is a need to get the their permission to use their work in something that I develop?

I'd appreciate any comments.

Michael

Sync37:

Hi All

I'm trying to develop an indicator that fully complies with the work of Tom Demark as detailed in his and Jason Perls books.  I have no problem in crediting them as the source of the strategy but wonder what the position is with their copyright/trademarks? 

I see a lot of indicators and EAs based on other peoples research but wonder if there is a need to get the their permission to use their work in something that I develop?

I'd appreciate any comments.

Michael

Are you sure that your indicator does not exist already? There is practically nothing that hasn't been coded for mt4/mt5!

Carl Schreiber:
Are you sure that your indicator does not exist already? There is practically nothing that hasn't been coded for mt4/mt5!
There are various versions of it but I haven't found any that fully implement all of the rules as described in the books.  It is Sequential, Combo and maybe some others.
Reason: