How to set EA for Strategy tester?

I tried to test AUDUSD with Heikinashi for last 1 year data at 4h/daily, but buying and selling timings were not at right timings and did not match with Heikinashi color changes.

The same for other EA such as  MACD.

Please advise how I can solve this issue (have looked up several sites, but did not find). 

Then change  -  ahh ...  -  best you ...  -  ahh  -  what exactly are you trying or do you want ?

aki9999-inv: Please advise how I can solve this issue
  1. There are no mind readers here. We can't see your broken code.
  2. learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you.
    We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.

WHRoeder:
aki9999-inv: Please advise how I can solve this issue
  1. There are no mind readers here. We can't see your broken code.
  2. learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you.
    We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.

Thanks for your advice.

As I just started to use Strategy Tester (ST), I know I need to learn more about how I can operate ST but not easy to find the basic informtion.

This is what I like to do:

1. I have been using MT4 EAs (MACD2, SSRC, Heikinashi, BB etc.) on a chart to decide buy/sell timings.

2. Now I like to use ST to optimize those EAs' parameters for different currency pairs.

3. Based on the comment, it seems I need to code to do the above? I appreciate if someone could tell me which book or website I should refer to learn the basics.

Thanks

aki9999-inv:

Thanks for your advice.

As I just started to use Strategy Tester (ST), I know I need to learn more about how I can operate ST but not easy to find the basic informtion.

This is what I like to do:

1. I have been using MT4 EAs (MACD2, SSRC, Heikinashi, BB etc.) on a chart to decide buy/sell timings.

2. Now I like to use ST to optimize those EAs' parameters for different currency pairs.

3. Based on the comment, it seems I need to code to do the above? I appreciate if someone could tell me which book or website I should refer to learn the basics.

Thanks

Good start:

https://book.mql4.com/

https://docs.mql4.com/

aki9999-inv:

As I just started to use Strategy Tester (ST), I know I need to learn more about how I can operate ST but not easy to find the basic informtion. This is what I like to do:

It seems you are calling things by the wrong names. I could be wrong, but I think that the (MACD2, SSRC, Heikinashi, BB etc.) you refer to in point 1, are Indicators and not EA's. So depending on what they are, I suggest the following:

1. If they are indeed EA's, then you don't need to code anything, but instead need to learn to use the Strategy Tester properly and should the EA's in fact be misbehaving, then you will have to contact the developers of the EA's to see what is wrong.
  2. If they are Indicators, than EA's will have to be coded of your strategies, and for that you will either have to learn to code or hire someone to do it for you (please see WHRoeder's post above).

FMIC:

It seems you are calling things by the wrong names. I could be wrong, but I think that the (MACD2, SSRC, Heikinashi, BB etc.) you refer to in point 1, are Indicators and not EA's. So depending on what they are, I suggest the following:

1. If they are indeed EA's, then you don't need to code anything, but instead need to learn to use the Strategy Tester properly and should the EA's in fact be misbehaving, then you will have to contact the developers of the EA's to see what is wrong.
  2. If they are Indicators, than EA's will have to be coded of your strategies, and for that you will either have to learn to code or hire someone to do it for you (please see WHRoeder's post above).

Thank you for the comments.

Yes, I should have named as Indicators, sorry for the trouble.

I went through the  https://book.mql4.com/, and thought I should go one of ways of;

1) learn the code and do the EA programming by myself

2) ask/pay someone to do it for me

3) someone had developed a platform to generate EAs, and found "Forex Strategy Builder Pro (FSB)" seems like it...

I downloaded FSB and saw/read tutorials, but not yet sure if I could use my favorite indicators to generate EAs.

I appreciate if someone could advise if FSB is a proper software (or if there is another) which is suitable for my purpose.

Thanks

aki9999-inv: 3) someone had developed a platform to generate EAs, and found "Forex Strategy Builder Pro (FSB)" seems like it...

I downloaded FSB and saw/read tutorials, but not yet sure if I could use my favorite indicators to generate EAs.
I appreciate if someone could advise if FSB is a proper software (or if there is another) which is suitable for my purpose.

Most users here frown upon the use of EA "Generators/Builders" because of the bad code they produce, so you will not get much advice on them here.

If you do decide to use one and run into difficulties, then it will be almost certain that you will not get much help from anyone here to help fix your "generated" code.

FMIC:

Most users here frown upon the use of EA "Generators/Builders" because of the bad code they produce, so you will not get much advice on them here.

If you do decide to use one and run into difficulties, then it will be almost certain that you will not get much help from anyone here to help fix your "generated" code.

Thank for your soon feedback that is very helpful to decide my coming strategy.

aki9999-inv: if FSB is a proper software (or if there is another) which is suitable for my purpose.
  • We hate EA builder
  • You couldn't be bothered to learn mql4, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
  • There are only two choices: learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds lines of code.
  • EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
  • EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time
  • EA builder makes bad code Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers
  • EA builder makes bad code not adjusting for ECN brokers.
  • EA builder makes bad code not checking return codes.
  • EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/reboot.)
Reason: