Desperately needed functionality for Metatrader

I am not sure if this post is an acceptable subject of this forum, but I know of no other platform to raise this matter.

We all know that Metatrader is the most popular trading platform in the world. MetaQuotes is spending a lot of energy, time and money in developing MT5, which until now has had very low acceptance and very little actual use. Many brokers do not even make it available.

My feeling is that if MetaQuotes really want to make all other platforms obsolete they must add the following three critical functions to the Strategy Tester in Metatrader:

1. Improve the speed control function in the Strategy Tester. This function is atrocious at the moment. At 31 it is too slow and at 32 it explodes and run away uncontrollably. Sure it should not be too difficult to built some intermediate speeds into this control? This is especially important when we want to do simulation in the Strategy Tester.

2.  Add the function of Forward Analysis. We optimise but we do not know how accurate the results will be for future trading without some laborious multiple tests. Why not give a function that automates this?

3. Make available Tick data testing in the Strategy Tester - not some generated false ticks as is the case at the moment. To have accurate testing results with 99% accuracy we need real tick data.

With these functions added I cannot see any competition for Metatrader doing well.

All of that is already done in MT5.

See also Are you ready to give up MT4 ?

The problem is none of my custom indicators an EA's run on MT5 so I cannot migrate.

ernest02:
The problem is none of my custom indicators an EA's run on MT5 so I cannot migrate.
Ok but I am afraid your custom indicators/EAs will never run on MT5, and Metaquotes will not improve MT4 any more.
Reason: