Dukascopy tickstory issue - page 2

FMIC:

Yes, this does affect optimisation. Although I have not personally contacted the service desk about this issue, I do believe that MetaQuotes are aware of it (see link below). However, since this only occurs when using externally generated data, they don't seem to be too worried about fixing it.

• https://forum.mql4.com/70825/page4
So, you will have to use build 910 (as I do) or use the workaround as follows:

1. Launch MT4 as usual via the Tickstory launcher (probably also works if launched directly).
2. In the MT4 Strategy Tester, select your desired spread.
3. Select the “Control points” modelling type and press the ‘Test’ button. You can immediately stop the back-test once it has started. The selected spread will now take effect.
4. Select the “Tick” modelling method and continue back-testing as normal.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 whenever you wish to change the spread.

If you do this before you start optimizing then the Tester will use the defined Spread?

gooly:
If you do this before you start optimizing then the Tester will use the defined Spread?
Yes! If you are not sure, place the question on the TickStory forum!

FMIC:
Yes! If you are not sure, place the question on the TickStory forum!
I have been using TickStory but as you have to set every thing separately - which means act, wait, act, wait... - I now use Tickdata-Downloader and Bird's the script which I modified so that everything I want is done at once over night.

gooly:
I have been using TickStory but as you have to set every thing separately - which means act, wait, act, wait... - I now use Tickdata-Downloader and Bird's the script which I modified so that everything I want is done at once over night.

I don't know what you mean by "act, wait, act, wait" but irrespective of what application you use to download the tick data or to produce the ".fxt" and/or ".hst", the spread problem is the same.

The only exception is if you use Birt's "TickDataSuite" to launch MetaTrader, which corrects the problem, but if you launch MetaTrader independently, the problem persists for builds 920-950.

That is why I use build 910 to backtest, until a more permanent solution is available!

Reason: