SWOT analysis before attempting a MT4 EA - some simple questions maybe someone could answer for me

Hi there,

I am considering developing an EA that will periodically publish certain information of interest to a separate application (probably via WebRequests), but I have a big question..

My question is this:

1. Rather than having to drag my EA on to multiple charts, can I drag it on to just one chart and within that EA access all information for the other pairs and for all other different timeframes of each pair?

I would like the EA for example to check 15 various pairs every 4 hrs and then depending on the movements of each pair relative to their previous bar send this accumulated info to the other system in one chunk every 4 hrs

I especially want to only have to drag it onto one chart to simplify my deployment process and the number of messages sent from one system to the other

hope some one can help, thanks 

soda: can I drag it on to just one chart and within that EA access all information for the other pairs and for all other different timeframes of each pair?
Of course you can.
  1. Access to Timeseries and Indicator Data - MQL4 Documentation
  2. Just be aware that the tick updated the current pair, the other pairs may not yet be updated.

WHRoeder:
soda: can I drag it on to just one chart and within that EA access all information for the other pairs and for all other different timeframes of each pair?
Of course you can.
  1. Access to Timeseries and Indicator Data - MQL4 Documentation
  2. Just be aware that the tick updated the current pair, the other pairs may not yet be updated.

thanks @WHRoeder

have you any opinions on best way one could wait for the tick data for the other pairs, i.e to make sure one has the close price on each pair at e.g. 02:00 ? 

soda: have you any opinions on best way one could wait for the tick data for the other pairs, i.e to make sure one has the close price on each pair at e.g. 02:00 ? 
If the bar times match, you have a valid close.
Reason: