Expert Advisor EURUSD H1 - Rising Candle (with video) - page 2

"We don't need tick data in most of the cases."

In most cases ok, but at the end it depends on the the trading idea.

"You can use and tick data, of course.  The program can import tick data from Dukascopy."

How is the access? For mt4 I have to run Birt's script to create mt4 own's hist data format and it is a bit complicated to get the volume and the spread!

Can I use the tickdata ascii file as they are or do I have to convert them?

I guess your program is able to access the tick data e.g. from an external USB-device?

Another question.

In order to be able to run a backtest on each kernel of my cpu I have installed mt4 several times.

Do I have to install your program as well several times or can I start independent threads with e.g. different EA and different symbols and timeframes?

I personally never use tick data and set my EAs in away that to be invariant from the the backtesting algorithm. For example the EA above. It shows equal results when is tested on "Tick mode" and "Control Points".

Here is an variant using Trailing Stop  - 1000 points (100 pips).

It shows a better performance.

Test Rising Candle TS 

In params TS 

The Trailing Stop I'm using "trails" only at a new bar. That ensure that the backtesting result is invariant from the backtesting method.

This thread is for the EA. I'm not going to post resources for the backtesting in Forex Strategy Builder. Yes it can utilize all cores of your CPU.

Files:

Look great, thank's for sharing

You sound offended - I am very sorry.

It wasn't my intention nor did I ask you for FSB resources or secretes!

I was asking for the the usage of tickdata based on my practical experience with the usage of tickdata in mt4. One has to convert them and place them in a specific folder and set the files read-only. Spread and volume are combined in one value field which an EA has to separate in case of backtesting - but I can see the EA is backtesting against real ticks not the ticks the mt4-tester hypothetically creates somehow from o,h,l,c.

But Your answer gives me the slight suspicion that you FSB may be able to get its data somehow from ascii-tickdata, but it does not provide each single tick the EA in backtest mode. That is ok, but why aren't you able to tell? To be precise I am not asking you how FSB - in case it does - converts the ascii-tickdata and use them to calculates the EA's backtest only whether FSD does use ervery single tick or not.

My second question was whether FSB can access the ascii-file from a external USB-device. Again in my eyes not a indecent question!

Gooly

Gooly, I would be happy to answer to your questions. but I'm afraid that the mods will not be. That was the only reason.
I'm also afraid to post links to the resources that give you all that info. If you search for it, you'll find examples, guides and videos. 

With only two words, the program has integrated tool for importing tick data files saved with JForex. If you have these files, the program can import them. It converts the tick data file in a binary file for faster use. Then the program uses every tick. (you have to provide M1 data for the same period of the tick data.)  I'll send you more info as PM.

Miroslav_Popov:

Gooly, I would be happy to answer to your questions. but I'm afraid that the mods will not be. That was the only reason.
I'm also afraid to post links to the resources that give you all that info. If you search for it, you'll find examples, guides and videos. 

With only two words, the program has integrated tool for importing tick data files saved with JForex. If you have these files, the program can import them. It converts the tick data file in a binary file for faster use. Then the program uses every tick. (you have to provide M1 data for the same period of the tick data.)  I'll send you more info as PM.

You can discuss your methods etc as much as you like as long as you don't include anything that could be considered promotion.

Links are allowed as long as the linked page does not include commercial content. 

Hi Miro,

Great job, thanks for the EA. Have you thought about adding a spread limitation? For example the spread cannot be greater than 3 pips.

It would be a great feature regarded the extreme spread during the news.

Best regards.

Trader7

Backtest 4 years. 30% DD @ <30% Profit - in 4 years. More losers than winners. 

Reason: