Download MetaTrader 5

How to use magic number in order to manage several EA

To add comments, please log in or register
patagonia2015
patagonia2015  

Hello guys,

I want to use 4 different EA made by me. I don't want that any of the EA interfer with each other and that only if a EA meet the criteria and doesn't have an order (for that particular EA), then open a trade.

That problem kill me for 3 days, I look online but don't have an answer. If you can help me with a short and simple code for these I really apreciate. I made these but doesn't work, it open several trades for a simple EA. Remember that I need only one open trade (if meet he criteria) per EA, only ONE. I want to use a simple code in each EA for manage these problem. Here is the code intended for these problem.

VARIABLES

for ( int i = 0; i <= OrdersTotal(); i++ )

{

if(OrderSelect( i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES )==true)

{if(OrderMagicNumber() != MagicNumber ) continue;

}           

if((FIRST FILTER) && OrderMagicNumber() != MagicNumber)

// REST OF THE PROGRAM 

Many thanks and sorry but english is not my first language. 

Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber  

1) Each EA loops through the open trades (like you do - use SRCF-button to show code here) and count the number of its MagicNumber() if > 0 skip the next trade.

2) Each EA bears in mind the ticket-number if it has opened a position other wise this variable is set to -1 => skip if != -1

patagonia2015
patagonia2015  

gooly,

Thanks for your response. But I don't understand how to do it in these situation. My problem is that: I want each particular EA open or close a trade (if meet the criteria) only if doesn't have any particular trade opened, and don't care if other EA have already one open trade.

Please help me, I don't know yet how to do it.

Many thanks! 

Inovance
Inovance  
patagonia2015:

gooly,

Thanks for your response. But I don't understand how to do it in these situation. My problem is that: I want each particular EA open or close a trade (if meet the criteria) only if doesn't have any particular trade opened, and don't care if other EA have already one open trade.

Please help me, I don't know yet how to do it.

Many thanks! 

If all you're looking to do is check to see if a particular EA already has a trade open, you can use something like this:

bool isPositionOpen() {
    for (int i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++) {
        if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES) && OrderMagicNumber() == magicNumber && OrderSymbol() == Symbol()) { 
            return true;
       }
    }
    return false;

and make sure you have defined a unique magicNumber for each EA.

Hope that helps.

To add comments, please log in or register