Disappearing input string values

This has happened a couple of times now. My EAs have a few string input parameters. The values of those strings are sometimes empty after restarting the terminal. There is no warning or anything like that. The strings are suddenly just empty. But it doesn’t happen every time.

I’m running build 840 on a vps with Windows 2008 R2 64 bit. But I have seen in happen in previous builds as well.

Has anyone else experienced this as well?

If you restart the terminal, then you are also restarting the EA because it cannot run separate from the terminal it is operating within.  If you have values that you want to keep, even when shutting the TP down, then you need to code into your program the ability to save those values (whatever they are) to an external file, and to read those values from that file when the EA starts back up.

I'm not talking about variables within the EA. I'm talking about the input parameters whose values are stored in the profile (chr files) once you dragged an EA onto a chart. The chr file contains al sorts of information like which symbol is selected on the chart, where the chart is positioned, colors, etc. It also contains a <expert> tag group with <inputs> tags for the input values.
Reason: