Download MetaTrader 5

Running For Loop Bar wise?

To add comments, please log in or register
Your broker does not support mobile MetaTrader 5? Ask him to buy them!
Mimi
Mimi 2015.07.07 04:25 

I have seen for loop here works tick wise. How to run the loop bar wise? 

I want to add +1 pip from the low in per bar in 1 minute chart. I am creating Gann 1x1 Angles, where for each bar angle will rise +1 pip upto 120 bars. 

if( LowT < HighT)  // If low formed first
 {
     datetime i;
     for( i = LowT; i < (LowT + (7200)); i++) // Time counting for next 2 hours
     {     
           for (int k = 0; k <120; k++)
           {
               A = low + ((double)k * CalcPoint);  // Adding 0.0001 with k
               printf(StringConcatenate("Low angle = ",DoubleToString(A,5)));
           }
     } 
 }

Now in above code, "k" is basically adding +1 absolutely ok but not per bar wise, per tick wise. So I am getting wrong data.  Cause after 120 tick it again going into the loop.

How to run the loop bar wise? I want to store 1x1 angle data for 80 bar from that LowT time & low. Do I have to introduce array? 

Thank you  

whroeder1
whroeder1 2015.07.07 12:12  
  1. I have no idea what you are trying to say. It sounds like babble.
  2. for( i = LowT; i < (LowT + (7200)); i++)
    if LowT is a datetime, as is i, you are incrementing time. If you want to find which bar corresponds to a time, use iBarShift
Mimi
Mimi 2015.07.07 13:49  
WHRoeder:
  1. I have no idea what you are trying to say. It sounds like babble.
  2. if LowT is a datetime, as is i, you are incrementing time. If you want to find which bar corresponds to a time, use iBarShift

Sorry to put it in that way. Here I explain with examples.

Suppose I draw Gann angle 1x1 from 50 which is a low. Now According to the Angle methods, it grows 1 pip per unit of time (i.e current chart bar). In following way. 

Angle [0]  = 50 at T time

Angle [1] = 51 at T1 time

Angle [2] = 52 at T3  time. 

...... upto Angle [120] 

Now I need to store this data & compare with "Ask" price, so every time "Ask" = "Angle[i]" , I buy. Now with above code I try to calculate angle levels. But " for" loop is adding +1 with the low with each tick, not with each current bar.

whroeder1
whroeder1 2015.07.07 18:20  
You know the low (50) you know the bar index iBarShift(... T ) You know the current bar index (0) Therefor you know the "Angle" = 50 + iBarShift * pip. No loops, no arrays.
Mimi
Mimi 2015.07.08 05:40  
WHRoeder:
You know the low (50) you know the bar index iBarShift(... T ) You know the current bar index (0) Therefor you know the "Angle" = 50 + iBarShift * pip. No loops, no arrays.
Thank you so much! It worked with less headache...
To add comments, please log in or register