Functions for multiple sounds with *.wav files?

Hello,

I'm looking for multiple sound functions, so that my alerts can vary according to e.g. long or short situations. I have already read about differences between alert, playsound or print functions. The Cookbook also mentions MIDI files.

However, my question is how I can simply make my alert sound differently. I have plenty of different *.wav files but don't see how I can even use them with alert function and I can play currently only 1 single sound (alert.wav). The good part of alert is that I also receive the window with a specific message, which does not seem to be the case with playsound function. And then print function only print it seems. 

Is there an easy solution or another function I can replace it with? Thank you. 

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / PlaySound
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / PlaySound
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / PlaySound - Documentation on MQL5

zeno:

Hello,

I'm looking for multiple sound functions, so that my alerts can vary according to e.g. long or short situations. I have already read about differences between alert, playsound or print functions. The Cookbook also mentions MIDI files.

However, my question is how I can simply make my alert sound differently. I have plenty of different *.wav files but don't see how I can even use them with alert function and I can play currently only 1 single sound (alert.wav). The good part of alert is that I also receive the window with a specific message, which does not seem to be the case with playsound function. And then print function only print it seems. 

Is there an easy solution or another function I can replace it with? Thank you. 

Use an Alert() function AND a PlaySound() wih the .wav you want.

You can also change the default sound play with Alert() : https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/startworking/settings

Reason: