How to use more than one local agent in Strategy Tester?

Hello everybody,

as far as I can read here https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/341 it seems that disabling the use of remote agents should allow to use all the local agents for testing/optimization purposes using the Strategy Tester.

However it seems that in my case, from what I can read from the log, only the first of the eight local agent (I have an i7-3232QM processor in my laptop) I see in the agents tab is used when I test an EA. So how can I enable the remaining local agents?

Agents

Speed Up Calculations with the MQL5 Cloud Network
Speed Up Calculations with the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
How many cores do you have on your home computer? How many computers can you use to optimize a trading strategy? We show here how to use the MQL5 Cloud Network to accelerate calculations by receiving the computing power across the globe with the click of a mouse. The phrase "Time is money" becomes even more topical with each passing year, and we cannot afford to wait for important computations for tens of hours or even days.

hardhu:

Hello everybody,

as far as I can read here https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/341 it seems that disabling the use of remote agents should allow to use all the local agents for testing/optimization purposes using the Strategy Tester.

However it seems that in my case, from what I can read from the log, only the first of the eight local agent (I have an i7-3232QM processor in my laptop) I see in the agents tab is used when I test an EA. So how can I enable the remaining local agents?

You can only use more than 1 agent for optimization, not for simple testing.

angevoyageur:
You can only use more than 1 agent for optimization, not for simple testing.
Ok, and in this this case (optimization), are automatically seleted all local agents available?

hardhu:
Ok, and in this this case (optimization), are automatically seleted all local agents available?
Yes provided they are enabled. See documentation also.
Reason: