Use news for testing strategies

I want my EAs to ankwoledge the news in market, I will like to use this information in 2 ways.

1.- To analizye the news impact on my strategies, using backtesting, data analisys, etc...

2.- To make use of the time of next releases, to perform actions on my EAs.

I know that for example forexfactory can allow us the .csv of past and near future news. I will start my search here.

I dont think I have problem to perform a FileRead in the CSV. for real time. Im think i might have some issues when use this on backtesting?

Anyone has a solution or could guide me a little?

Thx

News filter (usually) will not work on backtesting.

deysmacro:
News filter (usually) will not work on backtesting.
   Can you ellaborate a  big further? If you have the time of the news connected to backteting via .csv or others, Im pretty sure it will work.

BeLikeWater:
   Can you ellaborate a  big further? If you have the time of the news connected to backteting via .csv or others, Im pretty sure it will work.
News are realtime thing. Backtesting is history thing. You may need to make your own news so that backtesting works.

Say you have a straddle strategy coded to open a buy 10 pips above the previous candle close and a sell 10 pips below.

At news time the price leaps 100 pips higher in 1 tick.

On a real time chart, there is never a price available to enter 10 pips above the previous candle close

In the strategy tester, the order is filled and makes a profit

That is why backtesting results cannot be relied on, especially around news times 

GumRai:

Say you have a straddle strategy coded to open a buy 10 pips above the previous candle close and a sell 10 pips below.

At news time the price leaps 100 pips higher in 1 tick.

On a real time chart, there is never a price available to enter 10 pips above the previous candle close

In the strategy tester, the order is filled and makes a profit

That is why backtesting results cannot be relied on, especially around news times 

Yes, I totally abandoned it.

Im not interested in ticks, really I use H1 bars... I think you guys are extrapolating what Im asking here

BeLikeWater:
Im not interested in ticks, really I use H1 bars... I think you guys are extrapolating what Im asking here
Are H1 bars not made up with Ticks?

GumRai:
Are H1 bars not made up with Ticks?
No, just with Open Close High and Low. :p
Reason: