Heiken Ashi EA contents.

Hi guys ,

Please i need help with contents for my Heiken Ashi candles EA .

I have the functions below, 

HA1=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ashi",1,i);

HA2=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ashi",2,i);

HA3=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ashi",3,i);

HA4=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ashi",4,i); 

I want to know the one that represents Open , Close , High and Low.

Expecting your  helpful reply .

Thanks.  

1) It has 4 values but you have to start counting with 0,..,3!!

2) You can find it out yourself very easily!

3) Apply the indicator at the chart and then you see in the Data Window the 4 values: the top-value corresponds to 0, .. and the lowest to 3.

Now you know which are Open and Close, High/Low of the wicks changes depeding on the color of the HA-candle.

May be you should google for more information to understand the HA.

gooly:

1) It has 4 values but you have to start counting with 0,..,3!!

2) You can find it out yourself very easily!

3) Apply the indicator at the chart and then you see in the Data Window the 4 values: the top-value corresponds to 0, .. and the lowest to 3.

Now you know which are Open and Close, High/Low of the wicks changes depeding on the color of the HA-candle.

May be you should google for more information to understand the HA.

Thanks for your helpful reply . After checking your answer against the Heiken Ashi indicator mq4 code, i confirmed that 

buffer 2 represents open ,while buffer 3 represents close. but i am still confused about buffers 0 and 1 , the Heiken Ashi indicator code  

says 0 = Low/High ,and 1 = High/Low ,

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtLowHighBuffer);

SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtHighLowBuffer);

looking further down the code  , i understand that the buffers for High and Low values can inter-change depending on the color of the candle.

if(haOpen<haClose)

{

ExtLowHighBuffer[i]=haLow;

ExtHighLowBuffer[i]=haHigh;

}

else

{

ExtLowHighBuffer[i]=haHigh;

ExtHighLowBuffer[i]=haLow; 

Why is that so ? 

And when the indicator is attached to the chart , i only see 2 values , Open value and a single Low/High value , no value for Close ,and no separate values for High and Low. 

jmorgan:

Why is that so ? 

And when the indicator is attached to the chart , i only see 2 values , Open value and a single Low/High value , no value for Close ,and no separate values for High and Low. 

1) That's the way it is calculated.

2) I have no idea which HA version you have but you may change the code of the HA you have so that it

a) shows names in the data window: SetIndexLabel(2,"open"); ...

b) shows the value of buff. 0 and 1 (look at: #property  indicator_buffers, ...)

c) buff. 0 and 1 depend (changes) on op>cl or op<cl - to use it you have to add an additional if(..){..

Reason: