Newbie question-does MT4 work with stocks?

Hi
I wonder if I can use MT4 for getting EMA, MACD, stochastics crossover on stocks. Thanks!

Lk103:
Hi
I wonder if I can use MT4 for getting EMA, MACD, stochastics crossover on stocks. Thanks!

If the MT4 broker trades stocks, then of course you can

GumRai:

Strictly speaking, no. As far as I am aware, all MT4 brokers offer CFDs on stocks, not the stocks themselves. What you are trading is, strictly speaking, a derivative which has different legal and tax implications to buying and selling shares in the underlying company.

GumRai:

MT4 can't trade stocks.

jjc:
Strictly speaking, no. As far as I am aware, all MT4 brokers offer CFDs on stocks, not the stocks themselves. What you are trading is, strictly speaking, a derivative which has different legal and tax implications to buying and selling shares in the underlying company.

So what you are saying is that MT4 brokers offer CFDs and do not trade actual stocks.

Fair enough.

You contradict my statement

How exactly? 

Thank you!! CFDs is not options (call/put) right?

I also wonder if MT5 can do this for stocks and options. I'll also ask on MT5 forum (if any)

Lk103:
Hi

yes

offline charts

but only for analysis not for trading from the platform (if your broker doesn't provide that)

Lk103:
I also wonder if MT5 can do this for stocks and options. I'll also ask on MT5 forum (if any)
Yes MT5 can trade stocks, if you find a broker. Options (not binary options) also, but there is some limitations.

Lately I have seen many saying they are being successful in doing binary options. I guess it is pure fake.

deysmacro:
Lately I have seen many saying they are being successful in doing binary options. I guess it is pure fake.

You can trade binary options with MT4 with some third-party tool(s), successfully or not is an other matter.

I am not aware of any solution to trad BO with MT5.

Reason: