EA/indicator/script properties dialog - about tab logo icon

How do we change the logo/icon picture of an expert advisor in the about tab to our own custom logo?

Can this be compiled/embedded in the ex4 file so that when we distribute the ex4 file, the logo will be included without the need to link/copy the original icon image file to the new computer?

You need to place the .ico file in the same folder as the .mq4 file.

Then add

#property icon "MyIcon.ico"

Then compile.

After compilation, the .ico file is not needed. So the .ex4 can be distributed without it.

http://docs.mql4.com/basis/preprosessor/compilation

nn

hehe ... hh

What Icon file sizes are you including in your .ico file?  I want to include the 256 x 256 version of the logo, but it is 70 KB.  And if I include more sizes, it will be 100+ KB

Does the ico file size have any bearing on the loading or performance of indicator/ea?

Program Properties (#property)

icon

string

Path to the file of an image that will be used as an icon of the EX4 program. Path specification rules are the same as for resources. The property must be specified in the main module with the MQL4 source code. The icon file must be in the ICO format.

qjol:

Program Properties (#property)

icon

string

Path to the file of an image that will be used as an icon of the EX4 program. Path specification rules are the same as for resources. The property must be specified in the main module with the MQL4 source code. The icon file must be in the ICO format.

perhaps my last question was not clear:

I wanted to know what was the .ico picture file sizes that were being included in the .ico file.  You can have several pre-set images in one .ico file (e.g. 64x64, 32x32, 256x256, etc) and you can set them with or without transparency layer.  

A small image or two is only about 20KB but the larger image 256x256 for me is appx 65KB and if I add more images to the .ico file, it becomes 100 KB+.  So I'm wondering what image sizes other users are  using to embed in their .ico icon files included in the ex4 file.  and how big (KB) is the ico file?

I also wanted to know if the size of the ico file embedded has any performance effect on the loading and use of the ex4 file; even a 500KB icon file. I'm thinking the icon is only used in the properties tab, but I wanted clarification if there is any real performance issues after a certain file size?

Reason: