Problem with simple break even EA

I have successfully installed a simple break even EA on one of my computers (older running windows 7) and it works fine, but I cannot get it to work in my laptop (older) or my other new desktop (running windows 8)?? Its installed in the very same folder in each computer (C:\Program Files (x86)\FXCM MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Experts) but when i open the EA tab in the MT4 navigator the BE EA is not available to use in two out of 3 of my computers?? All are using MT4 build 625.

Any Idea whats going on with that and how to fix this problem??

Thanks

dayj99:
I have successfully installed a simple break even EA on one of my computers (older running windows 7) and it works fine, but I cannot get it to work in my laptop (older) or my other new desktop (running windows 8)?? Its installed in the very same folder in each computer (C:\Program Files (x86)\FXCM MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Experts) but when i open the EA tab in the MT4 navigator the BE EA is not available to use in two out of 3 of my computers?? All are using MT4 build 625.

Thanks
The problem is exactly that you install your EA in the same folder on each computer. See Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher

dayj99:

Thanks

Try this on the computers not showing the EA in the experts folder :

With MT4 runnung, click File / Open Data Folder => the new location of the data folder should pop up on your screen, a funny looking name like 54F4C17EA8CFC44FDA463F9BCF97D4C7 or similar

Find in that folder the folder named MQL4 and open it

Find in the MQL4 the Experts folder and open it.

Copy your EA in this folder, restart MT4.

Check the Experts folder in the Navigator and your EA should be there now.

Easy.

Reason: