Where MT4 Save Expert Advisors Settings?

Hi,

I have been searching in all of the MT4 folders (build 600) trying to find where the settings for a EA are saved once the MT4 is shutdown. When metatrader is opened again the settings are load with the last changes... but I can´t see from where MT4 is loading them.

Any ideas??

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards

luxorlo:

Hi,

I have been searching in all of the MT4 folders (build 600) trying to find where the settings for a EA are saved once the MT4 is shutdown. When metatrader is opened again the settings are load with the last changes... but I can´t see from where MT4 is loading them.

Any ideas??

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards

You might find this article helpful.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1388

luxorlo:

The fact of an EA being attached to a chart, and the EA's settings on the chart, are stored in the chart file (the .chr file in a subdirectory under profiles).

gchrmt4:
The fact of an EA being attached to a chart, and the EA's settings on the chart, are stored in the chart file (the .chr file in a subdirectory under profiles).

Thanks a lot gchrmt4. Your answer helped me to find the information I was looking for! cool!!

Reason: