MT4 file locations

Hi,

I have installed MT4 in the c:\Program Files 8X86)\ folder what was probably not the best idea. I wanted to copy a script into the folder c:\Program Files (x86)\MB Trading FX MetaTrader 4\experts\scripts\, but MT4 did not find it so it was not on the script list. After some research I realized that MT4 read the scripts from an other folder : c:\Users\hupajorf\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\F59581E1005AC5BE1C4566F00BEDEB36\MQL4\Scripts\ . After copying the scrip here everything was fine. Is that normal ?

Please advice

Thank you:

Ferenc

paf01200:

Hi,

I have installed MT4 in the c:\Program Files 8X86)\ folder what was probably not the best idea. I wanted to copy a script into the folder c:\Program Files (x86)\MB Trading FX MetaTrader 4\experts\scripts\, but MT4 did not find it so it was not on the script list. After some research I realized that MT4 read the scripts from an other folder : c:\Users\hupajorf\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\F59581E1005AC5BE1C4566F00BEDEB36\MQL4\Scripts\ . After copying the scrip here everything was fine. Is that normal ?

Please advice

Thank you:

Ferenc

Yes. See New article: Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher
Reason: