Help requested on the New Window feature of MetaEditor build 574.

Unlike build 509, when I pull up an additional window of say someCode.mq4 to generate someCode.mq4:2 and scroll to a particular line of code.

I find that when I go back and select someCode.mq4:1, That I have now lost my place because this first window has moved to the same place as the second.

What has changed with the new build? I have looked high and low with no success on this one.

bushTrader: Help requested on the New Window feature of MetaEditor build 574.

Unlike build 509, when I pull up an additional window of say someCode.mq4 to generate someCode.mq4:2 and scroll to a particular line of code.

I find that when I go back and select someCode.mq4:1, That I have now lost my place because this first window has moved to the same place as the second.

What has changed with the new build? I have looked high and low with no success on this one.

The current built is 610.

Sounds like a change in behavior you may need to get used to.

bushTrader:

It's an annoying bug (feature ?), also present for long time with MT5. You can try to report it to ServiceDesk, you have to register on mql5.com though.

Thanks guys, your right, it is an annoying very bug (feature). The New Window feature is useless at this point. I see this as a serious set back for the MetaEditor.

If the bug has been around so long now, do you think that my input can help?

bushTrader:

Thanks guys, your right, it is an annoying very bug (feature). The New Window feature is useless at this point. I see this as a serious set back for the MetaEditor.

If the bug has been around so long now, do you think that my input can help?

Of course, a double window with the exact same code is useless. 1 user asking to change that can make the difference.

angevoyageur:
Of course, a double window with the exact same code is useless. 1 user asking to change that can make the difference.
Great, I'll get on it.

angevoyageur:

I still have no reply from the service desk yet.

Maybe, I shouldn't hold my breath.

bushTrader: I still have no reply from the service desk yet. Maybe, I shouldn't hold my breath.
Good idea otherwise you might die. They're quite busy as you might imagine. Please be patient.
Reason: