Backtesting performances with build 600 - page 2

cbalta:
Hi, i'm happy, another one also aware of this problem..

No one who talks about this problem posts code to demonstrates the issue. I did testing that shows EA's can backtest very much faster on 610 than they did on 509, that should tell you your problem is code specific. How would you debug a code specific problem without ever seeing the code ? Write a thousand EA's until you eventually hit on something that replicates the issue by chance ?

hi, i'll try to prepare a code, that i can send out, at weekend.

cbalta:
hi, i'll try to prepare a code, that i can send out, at weekend.

Thank you, I'll try to do the same and catch where the delay is now.

symptom: 610 test do not show related indicators on chart, even if time frade matches. no visual mode. EA uses M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, at the same time.

cbalta:
symptom: 610 test do not show related indicators on chart, even if time frade matches. no visual mode. EA uses M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, at the same time.

Hi,

some more data:

.EX4 SIZE:

- My EA, .ex4 obtained with 509 version: 188 kbytes

- Same EA, but compiled with 600 version: 721 kbytes (why this huge difference?!?!?)

PERFORMANCE OF EA SIMULATION

- EA simulation with v600-compiled EA: many times slower (> 10) than simulation of v509-compiled EA

- Simulation of v509-compiled EA in v600 environment is still fast (at least as simulation done in v509 environment).

Any idea?

Thanks.

Flaviano71:

Hi,

some more data:

.EX4 SIZE:

- My EA, .ex4 obtained with 509 version: 188 kbytes

- Same EA, but compiled with 600 version: 721 kbytes (why this huge difference?!?!?)

PERFORMANCE OF EA SIMULATION

- EA simulation with v600-compiled EA: many times slower (> 10) than simulation of v509-compiled EA

- Simulation of v509-compiled EA in v600 environment is still fast (at least as simulation done in v509 environment).

Any idea?

Can you provide all the relevant information about your tests . . . did you copy the history data between the 509 and 600 builds ? was this done in visual or non-visual mode ? did you copy the settings between builds using a set file ?

RaptorUK:
Can you provide all the relevant information about your tests . . . did you copy the history data between the 509 and 600 builds ? was this done in visual or non-visual mode ? did you copy the settings between builds using a set file ?

Hi,

I used the same test setup for 509 and 600: non-visual mode, same .set file.

History: downloaded from my broker.

-

Reason: