Retrieve MA value from chart

Hello

I am working on an alert tool that will alert on indicators events.

I want the alerter be as flexible possible, so I don't want the user to fill endless properties in the indicator.

I am looking for a way to receive the properties of a indicator already on chart.

I wonder if there is something like ObjectGet() but for Indicators like Moving Average, RSI etc...

To be more clear, i am not looking for IMA() or IRSI(), because I want to get the values from MA the user set to his chart for what ever it will be....

The new MQL4 (build 584 and up) is providing some information about indicators, with ChartIndicatorsTotal() and ChartIndicatorName(),

but I cant find a way to retrieve its values.

Please help with any information or examples, thank you.

thank you

gilben:

Hello

I am working on an alert tool that will alert on indicators events.

I want the alerter be as flexible possible, so I don't want the user to fill endless properties in the indicator.

I am looking for a way to receive the properties of a indicator already on chart.

I wonder if there is something like ObjectGet() but for Indicators like Moving Average, RSI etc...

An Indicator that uses buffer to draw is not drawing using Objects . . . you use iCustom() . . but this does not do what you described, it has to be "configured" . . . I don't think there is a solution to what you are looking to do. Unless you could do something with a DLL to get to the date that the Data Window uses, but even then it only gives the data where the cursor is at . . .

RaptorUK:
An Indicator that uses buffer to draw is not drawing using Objects . . . you use iCustom() . . but this does not do what you described, it has to be "configured" . . . I don't think there is a solution to what you are looking to do. Unless you could do something with a DLL to get to the date that the Data Window uses, but even then it only gives the data where the cursor is at . . .

I Understand. thank you.

Reason: