MetaTrader4 Build 600 - how to recovery my old Meta Trader 4 Editor? - page 2

Ovo:

Just unzip the attachment, move your experts folder with mq4 files here. Edit/compile them by Metaeditor, move the ex4 to your 600 installation. Do not merge the unzipped folder with any installation.

Okay, I did as you point out . But there is problem now with ex4 compiled file. I used DLL file on my expert advisor. Now the EA does not work on Meta Trader 4 Build 600 - compiled on MetaEditor 509.

Where is the problem?

puncher:

Okay, I did as you point out . But there is problem now with ex4 compiled file. I used DLL file on my expert advisor. Now the EA does not work on Meta Trader 4 Build 600 - compiled on MetaEditor 509.

Where is the problem?

How to know ? Show the relevant part of your code.

Current build is 604.

puncher:

Where is the problem?

I do not think that you should be trying to correct your problem by compiling in the older format. You should really considered updating your code both in the MQL part as well as on the DLL side so as to reflect the new changes that were put into place with the new version.

Older DLL's will most probably not work in the new version, so you will have to update their code. If you did not write the code yourself, then I suggest you contact the developers in order to get the DLL and MQL files updated.

FMIC:

I do not think that you should be trying to correct your problem by compiling in the older format. You should really considered updating your code both in the MQL part as well as on the DLL side so as to reflect the new changes that were put into place with the new version.

Older DLL's will most probably not work in the new version, so you will have to update their code. If you did not write the code yourself, then I suggest you contact the developers in order to get the DLL and MQL files updated.

I understand that the company MetaQuotes is going to completely merge version of Meta Trader 4 with Meta Trader version 5 without " changing platforms" from version MT4 to version MT5 ?

puncher:
I understand that the company MetaQuotes is going to completely merge version of Meta Trader 4 with Meta Trader version 5 without " changing platforms" from version MT4 to version MT5 ?

Really? Depends what you mean by "merge". As far as I can see, the least-unlikely scenario which matches your description is that MetaQuotes do the following, in order to match the functionality in competing platforms:

• Add market-depth to MT4 (to match MT5)
  • Add auto-trading facilities to MT4 such as asynchronous order placement (to match MT5) - but keeping synchronous placement methods for EAs which want simplicity
  • Perhaps add multi-asset backtesting to MT4
  • Perhaps remove the 1024-symbol limit in MT4
  • Keep MT4's backward-compatibility with legacy code
  • Scrap MT5, and call the upgraded MT4 either "MT5" or "MT6".

But I'm not sure that scenario is likely, at least in the short term. MetaQuotes's broker customers want a stable platform with support for legacy code, not another series of updates accompanied by disastrous side-effects. They want stablility and backward-compatibility more than new features. If brokers and their traders want extra features without backward-compatibility, they already have a wide range of alternatives to choose from.

gchrmt4:

Really? Depends what you mean by "merge". As far as I can see, the least-unlikely scenario which matches your description is that MetaQuotes do the following, in order to match the functionality in competing platforms:

• Add market-depth to MT4 (to match MT5)
  • Add auto-trading facilities to MT4 such as asynchronous order placement (to match MT5) - but keeping synchronous placement methods for EAs which want simplicity
  • Perhaps add multi-asset backtesting to MT4
  • Perhaps remove the 1024-symbol limit in MT4
  • Keep MT4's backward-compatibility with legacy code
  • Scrap MT5, and call the upgraded MT4 either "MT5" or "MT6".

But I'm not sure that scenario is likely, at least in the short term. MetaQuotes's broker customers want a stable platform with support for legacy code, not another series of updates accompanied by disastrous side-effects. They want stablility and backward-compatibility more than new features. If brokers and their traders want extra features without backward-compatibility, they already have a wide range of alternatives to choose from.

So I think, that the best way for name Meta Trader 4 Build above 509 is not Meta Trader 4, not Meta Trader 5 but Meta Trader 6. Because not working for ME on releases build above 509 of Meta Trader "4" !

But all work fine on release 509. What for was new Meta Editor in Build 600 or 604 with new SYNTAX of MQL4. This is not MQL4, but MQL6 ! Everything is NEW and this is already NEW LANGUAGE.

How completely ignorant and inconsiderate to pull an amateurish stunt like this.

Which clown thinks people have time for this nonsense.

We're traders. Play coder on your own damn time.

You've destroyed my profiles and my ability to trade as I have been doing for years.

Nice move bowels.

Thanks for providing build 509 - Now to edit your files quickly change windows settings to launch with 509 (manually set it right hand click open with....) - You just need to open the folder up and click them directly then.  If you hit modify experts in mt4 the new metaeditor will be used.  You cant just replace the new metaeditor with the old one as I think the file structure is different.   The guys that did this need a punch in the face.   Its like windows pushing vista onto everyone.  If it works dont break it.  I am sure tradestation doesnt do this shit!!!   To fix this properly backward compatability is a must.
Reason: