Price Spikes

When price spikes within a single M1 bar and crosses the level of a stop loss, is it possible for a stop loss to work? I have an EA with a stop and reverse that fails until the end of an M1 bar resulting in a great loss far beyond the stop.

ASAR:
When price spikes within a single M1 bar and crosses the level of a stop loss, is it possible for a stop loss to work? I have an EA with a stop and reverse that fails until the end of an M1 bar resulting in a great loss far beyond the stop.
Yes it is possible, you need to fix your code. It sounds like you do not have a Stop Loss set at all . . .

ASAR: When price spikes within a single M1 bar and crosses the level of a stop loss, is it possible for a stop loss to work? I have an EA with a stop and reverse that fails until the end of an M1 bar resulting in a great loss far beyond the stop.
Except during news. SL becomes a market order and may fill very far away. Also turn on the ask line so you see the spread - Sells close at the Ask.

Simon Gniadkowski:
Yes it is possible, you need to fix your code. It sounds like you do not have a Stop Loss set at all . . .
Hi Simon can you explain with Example how to fix the code?

Regards
Reason: