Cannot see an offline chart - page 3

RaptorUK:
Nope, the .hst file format is published in the terminal help file . . . i assume it will be updated in due course. mql4 also provides a function for reading and writing .hs files . . . no hack involved.

Indeed. So it is no more a hack. Yupeeee.

I just wonder what the #pragma directive is for since it is not a keyword in MQL4.

Ovo:

Indeed. So it is no more a hack. Yupeeee.

I just wonder what the #pragma directive is for since it is not a keyword in MQL4.

Can't help you there . . . I'm not on speaking terms with OOP

RaptorUK:
Can't help you there . . . I'm not on speaking terms with OOP

It is not OOP related, actually it is a directive for C++ condensed structure... but the help reads that all structures are condensed in MQL4, so I was curious why it was in the help you provided.

Ovo:

It is not OOP related, actually it is a directive for C++ condensed structure... but the help reads that all structures are condensed in MQL4, so I was curious why it is in the help you provided.
As far as I know . . . structures are OOP but that reality might just exist inside my head.

Well, you might be right, I do not master the C++ terminology... structures are new for me as well.

Ovo:

Since the Metaquotes have not revealed the structure of hst files to public (they keep it for their own purposes), then every use of the *.hst files is a hack.
As others replied, hst file structure is public. Anyway I am not talking about that but about PostMessageA() to send ticks to Offline charts. This is how EA can run on them, not ? Isn't a hack ?

angevoyageur:
As others replied, hst file structure is public. Anyway I am not talking about that but about PostMessageA() to send ticks to Offline charts. This is how EA can run on them, not ? Isn't a hack ?

Are you talking about the hack that is included in every standard MT4 Terminal installation \include\WinUser32.mqh since 2004?

Ovo:

Are you talking about the hack that is included in every standard MT4 Terminal installation \include\WinUser32.mqh since 2004?

For me a hack is when you are using a non documented feature. Is the use of PostMessageA() to send a tick is documented somewhere by Metaquotes ?

I don't affirm anything, I simply try to understand what Stringo wrote.

angevoyageur:

For me a hack is when you are using a non documented feature. Is the use of PostMessageA() to send a tick is documented somewhere by Metaquotes ?

Really

angevoyageur:

I don't affirm anything, I simply try to understand what Stringo wrote.

Oh, I see.... that one I do not understand either. I never had problem with running standard experts on offline charts, so I have read it and forgot in the next second.

Reason: