Cannot see an offline chart - page 4

Ovo:

Oh, I see.... that one I do not understand either. I never had problem with running standard experts on offline charts, so I have read it and forgot in the next second.

It's my plan B ;-) It seems to me that if we can understand what on of the main developers of Metaquotes wrote, we can maybe better understand how MT4 is developed.

qjol:

Really
Yes.

angevoyageur:
Yes.

Y ? what difference does it make if Rosh is posting this kind of stuff, or you finding it by yourself ?

qjol:

Y ? what difference does it make if Rosh is posting this kind of stuff, or you finding it by yourself ?
I am not very good to search. Thank you for your dedication.

angevoyageur:
Isn't with a hack, not supported by Metaquotes ?

Is there anywhere Metaquotes is officially saying that offline chart doesn't support experts? If so, I probably have to give up MT4 since I have been trading with renko and renko must be offline in MT4. :(

fake a tick & problem solved

qjol:
fake a tick & problem solved

IMHO the problem with offline charts never was the tick (unless someone did improper coding), but the refreshing message; I only know about a message that refreshes the entire offline chart, rather than the last two candles. So it clears the widely used IndicatorCounted() and leads to power drain if numerous indicators are placed on the offline chart.

lingwuchung:

Is there anywhere Metaquotes is officially saying that offline chart doesn't support experts? If so, I probably have to give up MT4 since I have been trading with renko and renko must be offline in MT4. :(

Here, it's now officially supported with OnTimer

На оффлайновые графики тики не поступают. Поэтому эксперт не может быть запущен по тику.

Работайте по таймеру.

Google translation :

Tics on offline charts are not available. Therefore, the examiner can not be run on tick.

Work on the timer.

angevoyageur:

Here, it's now officially supported with OnTimer

Google translation :

Ticks on offline charts are available, the new Period Converter ticks it's own offline charts . . .

//--- refresh window not frequently than 1 time in 2 seconds
         if(hwnd!=0 && cur_time-last_time>=2)
           {
            PostMessageA(hwnd,WM_COMMAND,33324,0);
            last_time=cur_time;
           }

RaptorUK:
Ticks on offline charts are available, the new Period Converter ticks it's own offline charts . . .

the command 33324 is to update data not a tick

int msg = RegisterWindowMessageW("MetaTrader4_Internal_Message");
   PostMessageW(hwnd, msg, 2, 1);
Reason: