MT4 missing 'files' folder in experts tab. - page 2

I have turned UAC back on to recommended settings.

Installed MT4 again and it works! Files folder is there.

It's clear that when downloading MT4 from some brokers you can't mess with the file directory names and must have 'create desktop' and 'launch application after installation' ticked. Because this didn't work before if I messed with them.

Only small problem is that when the MT4 application started up, the timeframe tabs, navigator etc were in the wrong place. But obviously this can be manually moved.

Viaticus:

This is a first post for me. I have very basic knowledge of MT4 as have only been trading a few years.

So I have 2 different MT4 applications installed on my Windows 7 computer. (2 brokers).

I have usually had no problem with placing expert advisor files into the desired MT4 folders (Experts, Indicators, Libraries etc). But on this occasion, whilst trying to locate the 'files' folder in the experts tab, I cannot find it.

I have tried everything, uninstalling all the MT4 applications on my PC with all the personal data and deleting them in the directory file (:C). I have then reinstalled one of them, still no 'files' folder in experts tab.

I have tried not using program files as the typical destination, and installing them into their very own folder in the C drive 'MT4Applications' for example. Still no 'files' folder in experts tab.

Where am I going wrong? The only files that are typically in the experts tab are the normal ones, like indicators, libraries, include, samples, scripts etc. But no 'files' folder.

Note: When I have unistalled all MT4 applications, I still have 2 copied versions running on my VPS. I imagine this would not effect anything on my desktop as it's separate?

The other thing which I find annoying sometimes, is I like to rename my MT4 directories and shortcuts so I don't get confused, and this can sometimes mess things up with regards to the icon disappearing etc. So anyway, my main problem at the moment is the files folder, the below image shows my directory right after installation without that folder. Does anyone know the problem? Thanks in advance to any replies.

copy expert or indicators TO mql/expert or mql/indicators

Mehmet:
copy expert or indicators TO mql/expert or mql/indicators

Hi Mehmet,

Where do I locate the mql?
Reason: