How come that my EA is opening trades even I switched it off?!!

I have very strange case that I never seen it before.

First I put an EA on the chart and it starts working fine but after a while I found some thing is going wrong so I decided to turn it off and fix the issue. The strange thing that the EA keep running and still opening more positions "no pending orders" so I totally remove the EA from the Chart and restart my meta trader but nothing happened. it looks like the EA still running!!!

Any one faced this issue before?

meroo_basha:

I have very strange case that I never seen it before.

First I put an EA on the chart and it starts working fine but after a while I found some thing is going wrong so I decided to turn it off and fix the issue. The strange thing that the EA keep running and still opening more positions "no pending orders" so I totally remove the EA from the Chart and restart my meta trader but nothing happened. it looks like the EA still running!!!

Any one faced this issue before?

You still have it running somewhere . . on another Terminal perhaps ? on another chart ? is it part of the default template ?

Thank you Raptor for your response when I see you answering I know that the problem will be solved :)
Actually it is not running any where I am even switched off the VPN "where I am only open the meta from" and try to monitor from my IPhone and can see some trades are placing. I even deleted the EA from the experts folder

How can I know that it is a part of the default template?

meroo_basha:

Thank you Raptor for your response when I see you answering I know that the problem will be solved :)
Actually it is not running any where I am even switched off the VPN "where I am only open the meta from" and try to monitor from my IPhone and can see some trades are placing. I even deleted the EA from the experts folder

How can I know that it is a part of the default template?

Open a new chart for any symbol . . . right click the chart and see if there are any Expert Advisors listeds as running. If you have correctly deleted the EA then this would be unlikely. Have you looked in the journal to see if trades are being placed by the terminal you are currently looking at ? have you checked Task Manager to see if there are any other terminals running ? ones that may not have closed down correctly . . .

Yes, I got it. After opening the VPN task manager I found that another administrator user was running. I disconnected it and it is fine now.

Thanks alot.

meroo_basha:

Yes, I got it. After opening the VPN task manager I found that another administrator user was running. I disconnected it and it is fine now.

Thanks alot.

Well done
Reason: