MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 41

RaptorUK:
Correctly ? have you confirmed ?

Yes.

RaptorUK:
There is more infor here on the new .hst format .hst file format . . . Old and New (Jan 2014)

Your existing history data should be updated when 509 is updated to 574+ . . . I assume, if you need to import it again from CSV you will need to edit the CSV to transpose the High and Low values, if you have large CSV files the best way to do this is to code a script to do it for you.

Converting 509 .hst files to 574+ .hst files is not difficult, I'm sure there will be a script to do it soon if there isn't already.

Thanks RaptorUK and thanks euclid;

pips4life:

In 584, I've made some minor syntax edits to an hst type indicator, P4L PeriodCon, that worked fine on 509, and the ex4 even seems to be forward compatible too. It needs more testing once the market goes live, but fingers crossed, it looks ok.

However, when I attach this slightly modified indicator, (compiled by 584) to a chart, it immediately aborts and tells me:

Expert 'P4L PeriodCon' is not custom indicator and will be removed.

Why am I getting this message?? It's certainly an indicator, not an EA, nor a Script. What possible things might I have, or not have, that are falsely being interpreted as an "Expert", rather than as an "Indicator"? (Before you ask, it is most certainly in the proper "Indicator" folder).

I had a similar thing with a Script that apparently wasn't a script, the workaround for me was to compile the script while it was in a folder called scripts, try your code in a folder canned indicators, then load it into MetaEditor and compile it.

I confirm to that HST file reading from previous MT4 builds works absolutely fine and the backtests match to the cent on that data compared to the previous builds. All good with that at least.

Hi

I tried to find answer on my question but probably it is to easy and no one had a problem with it :) So, what exactly have I to do, to connect with http://demo.metaquotes.net/ ? Where should I write this address?

pin54:
Hi

I tried to find answer on my question but probably it is to easy and no one had a problem with it :) So, what exactly have I to do, to connect with http://demo.metaquotes.net/ ? Where should I write this address?
Do you men to upgrade to the beta ? follow this: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/148988/page3#897010

I do not know if the upgrade is today (03.02.2014) or the date format is American then March 2??

salab76:
I do not know if the upgrade is today (03.02.2014) or the date format is American then March 2??
It was meant to be today.

MTF (multi timeframe indicators) that call ex4s in indicators folders not working :(

As a programmer I have over 12 MT4 instances, all from different brokers. I updated a single broker, on an older PC, and a second broker was also updated. There were no pop-up windows allowing me to prevent the update. I cannot have all brokers update until the broker requires it.

The change in file structure is bad enough as I now need to modify install files. I also now need to change variable names in indicators, EAs and possibly scripts that might be modified because many programmers use ., _ or some other special character for better readability. From what I have read that is no longer allowed.

I went through this BS already from build 509 and now must do the same work again with the added load of changing variable names.

Hopefully the update problem will also be fixed soon if not already. I read in an earlier post stating the same problem but that was over 4 days ago and there is a lot to read here since then.

Reason: