cant run metatrader as administrator

hi, all

does anyone have a clue why i cant run metatrader as administrator.

if i do. it doesnt want to connect to the server. no problem with my firewall...etc.

so any ideas.

gr,

Tom

learndd:

hi, all

if i do. it doesnt want to connect to the server. no problem with my firewall...etc.

Uninstall and reinstall outside of Program Files . . . for example C:\MT4Installs\Broker_name\

learndd:

hi, all

so any ideas.

gr,

Tom

Why do you need to run it as administrator ?

RaptorUK:
Uninstall and reinstall outside of Program Files . . . for example C:\MT4Installs\Broker_name\

Why do you all keep saying that ? Just like most all other Windows applications MT4 works perfectly when installed in Program Files and, it works perfectly with UAC. I think it's bad advice to suggest otherwise. UAC actually helps protect the mt4 installation from modification by malicious code, it also prevents such things as live updates from executing without the users authorization.

SDC:
Why do you all keep saying that ? Just like most all other Windows applications MT4 works perfectly when installed in Program Files and, it works perfectly with UAC. I think it's bad advice to suggest otherwise. UAC actually helps protect the mt4 installation from modification by malicious code, it also prevents such things as live updates from executing without the users authorization.

OK, what is your suggestion ?

learndd:

hi, all

I thought maybe it was an issue with the Users profile (and some MT4 files) not being accessible from the Admin account . . . installing outside of Program Files would address this issue. I didn't mention UAC . . .

It could be the user permissions in windows are messed up, I would suggest make a new administrator account and try to run it from that one as it would have all the default settings or install a new installation of mt4 in program files, rename the installation folder in the installer so it doesnt overwrite the original one and see if that works or not.

hi,all

we tried saving ..and such.

something else is at work but we dont what.

i think i will dump all and re-install from windows up. i did have many problems with updates like adobe and some stuff from microsoft the last years.

gr,

tom

Reason: