how to create a template ?

each time I create a new EA or Indicator by "Expert Advisor Wizard", and I find we can select "Generate from template", in which I find just several temples; so shall I add some new temple which made by myself?

I have tried copy other EA to" MetaTrader 4\experts\templates ", but it never works as I want.

how shall I do next?

vx0532:

each time I create a new EA or Indicator by "Expert Advisor Wizard", and I find we can select "Generate from template", in which I find just several temples; so shall I add some new temple which made by myself?

I have tried copy other EA to" MetaTrader 4\experts\templates ", but it never works as I want.

how shall I do next?

Just open your "template" and Save As with the name of the new EA/Indicator/Script . . . . you don't need to Generate from template, if you feel you must . . .

Did you save your template as a .mqt file ? did you add the header ? is your template for an EA Indicator or Script ?

Header example . . .

<expert>
type=INDICATOR_ADVISOR
description=kcomplex1
separate_window=1
used_buffers=4
<ind>
color=Green
type=DRAW_HISTOGRAM
</ind>
<ind>
color=Red
type=DRAW_HISTOGRAM
</ind>
</expert>

RaptorUK:

Just open your "template" and Save As with the name of the new EA/Indicator/Script . . . . you don't need to Generate from template, if you feel you must . . .

Did you save your template as a .mqt file ? did you add the header ? is your template for an EA Indicator or Script ?

Header example . . .

I can't understand what you mean as below words.

I just want to open a myself temple when I create a new EA

how shall I do?

"Did you save your template as a .mqt file ? did you add the header ? is your template for an EA Indicator or Script ?

Header example . . ."

<expert>
type=INDICATOR_ADVISOR
description=kcomplex1
separate_window=1
used_buffers=4
<ind>
color=Green
type=DRAW_HISTOGRAM
</ind>
<ind>
color=Red
type=DRAW_HISTOGRAM
</ind>
</expert>

vx0532:

I can't understand what you mean as below words.

Look at the existing template files . . . open one in MetaEditor and you will see the header. Do some research if you don't want to answer the questions that are meant to help you . . .

RaptorUK:
Look at the existing template files . . . open one in MetaEditor and you will see the header. Do some research if you don't want to answer the questions that are meant to help you . . .

thnaks

Reason: