what is the effect of 'Optimization' in history testor?

Just now I test an EA on USDJPY history data.

when I select 'optimization', I will get the complain in 'Journal' that "There were 1 passes done during optimization, 1 results have been discarded as insignificant"; but if I never select 'optimization', all is normal and OK.

so i don;t know what has happened when I select 'optimization'.

vx0532:i don;t know what has happened when I select 'optimization'.
Did you select Expert properties and give it the ranges your externals should go?

WHRoeder:
Did you select Expert properties and give it the ranges your externals should go?

no, I don;t know what I should set in "expert properties" when I select 'Optimization'; but I never use "externals" this time.

vx0532:

no, I don;t know what I should set in "expert properties" when I select 'Optimization'; but I never use "externals" this time.
If you don't have any externs you cannot optimize using the Strategy Tester.

If you do have externs you can do this . . . for example, if you had an extern double TP_Points = 100; you could use the Optimizer to run tests at 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 and 110 by setting the start at 60, stop at 110 and step at 10.

RaptorUK:
If you don't have any externs you cannot optimize using the Strategy Tester.

If you do have externs you can do this . . . for example, if you had an extern double TP_Points = 100; you could use the Optimizer to run tests at 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 and 110 by setting the start at 60, stop at 110 and step at 10.

OK, I know your meaning

thanks

Reason: