Setting partly TP

Hi,

first im sorry if there is similar topic :)

to the question. i would like to set my TP to close only 50% of my position at one price level and the other half on another price lvl. Now i can close 50% of podition only at market but im not present on market all day. So anyone know some solution ? Im not familiar with programming at all so at least is it possible to program it ?

thanks for answers.

As far as I know, there is no way to make the broker do that (like traditional TP, SL, pending etc.)

You will have to have an EA that watches price, then manually sends order when certain limits are reached.

Yes, it is very possible. It might be fractionally slower since, the processing is done by your computer, not at the brokers end, but for most strategies, would not be noticeable.

barth:

Hi,

first im sorry if there is similar topic :)

to the question. i would like to set my TP to close only 50% of my position at one price level and the other half on another price lvl. Now i can close 50% of podition only at market but im not present on market all day. So anyone know some solution ? Im not familiar with programming at all so at least is it possible to program it ?

thanks for answers.

Open 2 positions instead of one, each half the size, and you can set two different TP levels.

barth: i would like to set my TP to close only 50% of my position
Can't be done. Either open TWO positions with two TP or have your EA do a partial close.

yea i know...but i wanted to try this it would by much more cleare. never mind :) thanks for answers

i just thought that it would be the same as closing at market...only set at my station...broker wouldnt need to know about that :)

Reason: