More pairs in back tester?

In mt4 I can download a lot of pairs but not all show in the symbol drop down box of the strategy tester. Is it not possible to back test these pairs?

gangsta1: In mt4 I can download a lot of pairs but not all show in the symbol drop down box of the strategy tester. Is it not possible to back test these pairs?
Does your broker offer the hidden pairs for trading?

I don't understand why this happens sometimes.

Try opening a chart of the symbol that you want to test, then attach the EA to the chart (disable live trading).

Then right click on the chart and select expert advisors/strategy tester

ubzen: Does your broker offer the hidden pairs for trading?
If the broker offers the pair for trading. Try the following. Open the Market_Watch. Right_Click and Show_All. Then Close the Terminal. ReOpen and check the Symbols in the Strategy Tester.

Thanks guys, both solutions worked a treat, the easiest being to show all in market watch and then restart mt4. Thanks again!

Keith Watford #:

I don't understand why this happens sometimes.

Try opening a chart of the symbol that you want to test, then attach the EA to the chart (disable live trading).

Then right click on the chart and select expert advisors/strategy tester

This was the only trick that solved the problem in my case (MT4). My TestEA in strategy tester used iClose on the 28 major pairs. Weirdly enough, only 3 returns non-zero values. Only after the above trick does every pair return non-zero values. Anyone have any idea why this happens sometimes? I have shown all pairs on market watch before using TestEA but still only 3 pairs returns non-zero values initially.

Reason: