passing extern parameters to iCustom - page 2

Well I learned some interesting things about iCustom, I hope you didnt eat all that popcorn already ubzen :)

It appears you can use doubles for parameters that expect integer, datetime or bool and the called indicator works correctly even the bools work (as long as the double in iCustom is 1.0 or 0.0) Also you can pass too many parameters to iCustom, the extra ones are ignored.

A noticable issue arises if the expected parameter is a string, if a double is passed it seems to slow down iCustom a lot (there must be some internal stuff going on when an unusable parameter type is passed) the called indicator loads more slowly and it uses its default string.

This should mean as long as the called indicator does not have string externs you could load up an iCustom call with a bunch of doubles to pass directly to it extern double values entered by the user and it should work.

SDC: Well I learned some interesting things about iCustom, I hope you didnt eat all that popcorn already ubzen :)
Nope, had a whole pack for days like these. I'm actually rooting for a happy ending. Ok, so we learn a little more about iCustom... good job :)

I wonder if iCustom is doing the work to convert the doubles or if the terminal is doing it.

Reason: