Help needed for a critical decision! - page 2

Thanks everyone. So far, and after having compared and worked with MT4/MT5 strategy testers, I would rather continue with MT5 and MT5 strategy tester! Seems like MT5 ST delivers more accurate modelling of price movement than MT4 ST as missing tick data does necessarily lead to inaccurate testing results. If this is true, then impoting own test data in MT5 would be a nice-to-have and not a must-to-have feature.

I believe that MT4 ST is more sensitive regarding tick data than MT5 ST. Anyway, I will continue experimenting with both ST.

Fx18:

Hi everyone,

I started learning forex few months ago. And, I chose MT5 / MQL5 to start developing my first EA for my own trading strategy. I have found out that there is no way to import historical and tick data into MT5 :-) Also there is no way to modify this data! OOP, better performance... etc. will not help me when I see my account is wiped out because my EA has never been tested under more realistic conditions with real tick data. Therefore, I am thinking to switch to MT4, and here are my 2 questiosns:

1. What do you think? switching to MT4 is the right or wrong decision?

2. In MT4 History Center I can import historical data. But where can I get (free or affordable) quality historical data (brokers usually provide poor historical data, I believe).

Thanks in advance!

Good idea!

tonny:

Good idea!

:-) why do think so?
Reason: