Is there a complementary tool to MetaTrader 4 in the field of back-test, and / or optimization?

Hello,

Is there a complementary tool to MetaTrader 4 in the field of back-test, and / or optimization?

Thanks,

What do you mean by complementary?

ubzen:
What do you mean by complementary?

More powerful, with better reporting, easier to use, etc..

tintin92:

More powerful, with better reporting, easier to use, etc..
That will run mql4 code ? no I don't think so . . .

tintin92: More powerful, with better reporting, easier to use, etc..

There are scripts which other people have made in the code base which a) helps automate testing b) dump the standard report as text file c) provides custom reporting like mae/mfe.

There are add-on and apps provided by 3rd parties which helps with tick_back-testing, analyze strategy tester report files.

I wouldn't consider them easer to use because there's a learning curve associated with each tool. However, thats easier then creating the tools yourself. Which brings me to my third point.

If what you're looking for is different analysis reporting of back-tests which the standard-report does not offer, then your best bet would be writing a small function which writes to file in De-Init.

If what you're looking for is different features like multi-currency back-testing then it'll be easier just moving to a different platform like mt5.

Hello ubzen,

ubzen:

analyze strategy tester report files.

Where are these "3rd parties analyze strategy tester report files. " ?

Thanks,