EA trading tons of currency pairs in MT4 - wondering of MT4 will be able to handle this.

So the strategy I have is based on a pattern. The pattern can be found across all currency pairs. So, thus I'm interested in trading all the currency pairs that my broker offers. I believe it is around ~30.

I have an EA that will be trading all of these pairs. With trading that many pairs using an EA, will this bog down my system? I have a Dell 755 with 8 gigs of ram. Planning on using this as my trading station.I'm hoping that MT4 is efficient enough to be able to handle this amount of pairs with the current hardware that I have.

Thoughts on someone who has done this? Should MT4 be able to handle trading this amount of pairs on that computer easily without breaking a sweat, do I need to add more RAM, increase my CPU speed, etc.

Thanks.

skoto:

So the strategy I have is based on a pattern. The pattern can be found across all currency pairs. So, thus I'm interested in trading all the currency pairs that my broker offers. I believe it is around ~30.

I have an EA that will be trading all of these pairs. With trading that many pairs using an EA, will this bog down my system? I have a Dell 755 with 8 gigs of ram. Planning on using this as my trading station.I'm hoping that MT4 is efficient enough to be able to handle this amount of pairs with the current hardware that I have.

Thoughts on someone who has done this? Should MT4 be able to handle trading this amount of pairs on that computer easily without breaking a sweat, do I need to add more RAM, increase my CPU speed, etc.

It should be capable of handling it but it will depend on how you code it . . .
Reason: