Total beginner at MQL4

Hi people,

Im completely new to this whole concept of writing codes and having it executed automatically. My concern is, how does this work?? Do i have to pass my completed code to my broker who then uploads it in his system? Does my broker have to be using a MT4 in order for my codes to be executed automatically?

Also, my degree is in business/accounting and i have absolutely 0 knowledge in codes. It looks totally alien to me. Every time i look at the code it feels like Optimus Prime is trying to tell me something. Are there any good basic resources out there which i can read?

Thanks!

autobot7:

Hi people,

Im completely new to this whole concept of writing codes and having it executed automatically. My concern is, how does this work?? Do i have to pass my completed code to my broker who then uploads it in his system? Does my broker have to be using a MT4 in order for my codes to be executed automatically?

Also, my degree is in business/accounting and i have absolutely 0 knowledge in codes. It looks totally alien to me. Every time i look at the code it feels like Optimus Prime is trying to tell me something. Are there any good basic resources out there which i can read?

Install MT4 on your PC, run your code on your MT4 terminal . . . your Broker does not see it.

Assuming you wan to learn how to code using mql4 . . . read the Book and the Documentation
Reason: