shift box on side of a candle - page 2

Mindexperiment:

ok,

so maybe I can build a workaround and, at least, center the box on the first 1M candle of the whole 4H.. any idea?

It won't work, there is no work around. All that will happen is that when you look at the box on M1 it will be aligned to the correct M1 bar, on H4 it will snap to the nearest H4 bar . . . I'll say it once more . . . ALL Object anchors are placed on bars, not in between.

Mindexperiment:

ok,

so maybe I can build a workaround and, at least, center the box on the first 1M candle of the whole 4H.. any idea?

linechart

deVries:

linechart

could you be more specific? build the box with 4 line?

Mindexperiment:

you have now candlesticks but you can also use other charts

Alt+1 or Alt+2 or Alt+3

with a linechart you dont see a half candel outside the box and you have your period inside the box

See if other type of chart is more comfortable

Mindexperiment:

Even if you use 4 lines . . .

RaptorUK:
ALL Object anchors are placed on bars, not in between.

and even if you use a Line chart in stead of a bar chart . . .

deVries:

you have now candlesticks but you can also use other charts

Alt+1 or Alt+2 or Alt+3

with a linechart you dont see a half candel outside the box and you have your period inside the box

See if other type of chart is more comfortable

ok understand :D

hope in mql5..

Simon Gniadkowski:
No, it's not possible with MT4, you can do it with MT5.
Can you tell me how this is possible with MT5. Maybe a reason for me to switch from MT4 to MT5 lol. 

On MT5 you can place end points between lines if you Check Tools → Options (control+O) → Charts → precise time scale
          Is it possible not to snap to the grids? - MQL5 programming forum #5 2018.06.30
Reason: