expert name

Hi,

Someone help me.

How to know runing expert name in other indicator?

thx

I don't understand the question, can you phrase it more clearly please?

GumRai:
I don't understand the question, can you phrase it more clearly please?
How can an Indicator know the name of an EA running on the chart ? that is how I read the question . . . I don't think it can.

well,

i runing the indicator in other window(eg. window(1)), at same symbol.

and I would like to know the expert advisor name in window(0)

Indicator should indicate. It doesn't need to know EVEN IF there is an EA attached or not. You're not going to have an indicator do something different are you?

WHRoeder:
Indicator should indicate. It doesn't need to know EVEN IF there is an EA attached or not. You're not going to have an indicator do something different are you?

My indicator works depends on type of the EA's name.

Why?

WHRoeder:
Why?

The indicator works differently. I'd like it.

Possible?

It just an idea and I don't know if works, but why don't try this way:

The EA draws an object into the chart with certain EA specific coordinates/object name

The indicator searches for this specific object with ObjectFind(). If the Indicator finds it he knows which EA is running on which chart.

That is probably only possible, if you have an limited number of EAs and I don't if you can use ObjectFind() in an (custom) indicator, but its worth a try :)

luedman:

It just an idea and I don't know if works, but why don't try this way:

The EA draws an object into the chart with certain EA specific coordinates/object name

The indicator searches for this specific object with ObjectFind(). If the Indicator finds it he knows which EA is running on which chart.

That is probably only possible, if you have an limited number of EAs and I don't if you can use ObjectFind() in an (custom) indicator, but its worth a try :)

This is a good solution. But not very nice.

THX!

Reason: