Basic question: Can I run an external EA?

By "external" I mean an EA outside the folder that contains the Terminal.

Say I have more than one account. I want to keep only a list of variable values with each Terminal, and with those values each terminal run the same EA from a third folder. Can this be done in MT4? Or will the Terminal forever run only EAs it finds within it's own folder?

I hope I'm not being repetitious: I've seen posts about wanting to run an exe or a script from a local EA. I haven't found a post about doing the opposite - running a single EA from a remote folder.

Thanks!

I know you may create a symbolic link to share the entire experts folder. It works, but you share much more than expert advisors, and it causes serious interference between instances of MT4.

Ovo:
I know you may create a symbolic link to share the entire experts folder. It works, but you share much more than expert advisors, and it causes serious interference between instances of MT4.

Thanks. And I've already experienced "interference" among instances without even trying this.

1. Can you possibly post a syntax example of the link?

2. Follow up question:

After copying a full MT folder:

• Sometimes (it has not yet been consistent for me) an EA sitting in a different MT folder will show up in the Terminal

• Load it (apparently) but it won't run. It will show the new EA name on the chart but it's still is clearly running the previous EA.

Does this make any sense to you? Is this what you call "interference"? The only way that has worked for me is copy/paste into a new EA created within the new folder.

Thanks for the reply.

LouK:

1. Can you possibly post a syntax example of the link?

Hi plenty of examples out there https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=windows+create+symbolic+link

There are command line methods and a few point-n-click gui tools...
Reason: