Can I make push notifications notify me without opening the app on my device?

I've noticed my phone only alerts me to a push notification when I open the MT4 app on my phone. It won't vibrate when the app is closed. This severely limits the use of the notification.

Is there any way I can get the notification vibration as long as my phone is on, even if the MT4 app is closed on my phone?

I have a Samsung Stratosphere Android firmware version 2.3.6.

If the App [ on_the_phone ] is what's generating the notification; then, closing the App means it cannot generate notifications. If the notification is being generated from your mt4 at home ... then there's hope.

ubzen:
If the App [ on_the_phone ] is what's generating the notification; then, closing the App means it cannot generate notifications. If the notification is being generated from your mt4 at home ... then there's hope.

When you put it that way, it makes sense that it wouldn't work unless the app was open. But, what about other apps on my phone that are closed but synced? I can get notifications on my phone from facebook or my email account without having either of them open.

KalebC: When you put it that way, it makes sense that it wouldn't work unless the app was open. But, what about other apps on my phone that are closed but synced? I can get notifications on my phone from facebook or my email account without having either of them open.
Yeah, I still believe it's because emails and facebook notification are generated outside the phone, much like mt4_from_home notifications. However, I'm not a push notification expert. Perhaps someone who knows more about notifications will answer. In the main time you can contact Meta-Quotes and ask them directly.

ubzen:
Yeah, I still believe it's because emails and facebook notification are generated outside the phone, much like mt4_from_home notifications.

I tried to find out about the mt4_from_home notifications, but I didn't find anything. Can you point me in the right direction?

KalebC:
I tried to find out about the mt4_from_home notifications, but I didn't find anything. Can you point me in the right direction?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/139676

Well, it started working now. I didn't change any settings that I know of, so I don't know why it works now. Perhaps the first notifications were coincidentally delayed.
Reason: