High[] and Low[] question

If the candle doesnt have upper or lower shadow does the High[] and Low[] return the highest/lowest point of that candle so an Open[]/Close[] value depending on the type of candle (bear/bull) or is it return an empty value?

in this case Open[] and Close[] will be equal to High[] or Low[]

High[] = MathMax(Open[],Close[] )

Low[] = MathMin(Open[],Close[] )

szgy74:

in this case Open[] and Close[] will be equal to High[] or Low[]

High[] = MathMax(Open[],Close[] )

Low[] = MathMin(Open[],Close[] )

So you say yes.What if a gap happens and no bar is present on that spot, what values do they return then?

Proximus:

So you say yes.What if a gap happens and no bar is present on that spot, what values do they return then?

I don't understand the question: when there is no bar then there is no HLOC[] value.

You refer to a bar with its number like Close[4], no bar has no number.

Proximus:

If there is no bar then there is no bar . . . you can see this often on a M1 chart. move your cursor along from bar to bar and look at the time stamp in the bottom right of the terminal, you will see sometimes when activity is very low that there are missing bars, this happens when there are no ticks for over a minute.

szgy74:

I don't understand the question: when there is no bar then there is no HLOC[] value.

You refer to a bar with its number like Close[4], no bar has no number.

Ok i understand now.I just had to make it sure to cover all possibilities.
Reason: