Using the strategy tester to test template

Hello to the /gurus,

i have traded live for many years and helped a great many newbies to get strated in the FX, some more successful than others.

I have a template made up of various proprietary indicators which I am considering as a potential EA - it is great as long as I do this manually, however i am now 77 years old and time to take some time off away from the computer.

Please tell, is there any way of testing the template using the tester - or any other program to test the system before I one more spend money on coding only to discover that what works manually seldom works as an EA - I feel that if i cpuld make the adjustments before taking the next step to coding this as an EA - the eventual EA will be good.

Can anyone advice me please?

Thank you

Sntrader

Forex Traders Guild SA

Snrtrader77:

Hello to the /gurus,

i have traded live for many years and helped a great many newbies to get strated in the FX, some more successful than others.

I have a template made up of various proprietary indicators which I am considering as a potential EA - it is great as long as I do this manually, however i am now 77 years old and time to take some time off away from the computer.

Please tell, is there any way of testing the template using the tester - or any other program to test the system before I one more spend money on coding only to discover that what works manually seldom works as an EA - I feel that if i cpuld make the adjustments before taking the next step to coding this as an EA - the eventual EA will be good.

Can anyone advice me please?

The Strategy Tester is designed for testing strategies, meaning EAs. Many Indicators will work but many will not, for example if your Indicator uses Bid price it will "see" the current Bid price not the Bid price fo the date in the Strategy Tester. So you could run an EA, you need an EA to make the Strategy Tester work, and load up your Template with all it's indicators . . . but be aware of the issues.
Reason: