MT4 write to Experts Log and Journal

Hello,

is it possible to write something directly to the experts journal ? The 'print' sends to the experts log. Maybe anyone knows kind of workaround

The reason why I'm asking is that I want to synchronize my own log-entries with the messages in the experts journal. Another solution would

be if the journal/log would show the time in milliseconds but I guess this is not possible ...

Thanks in advance

clyx 

clyx58:

Hello,

is it possible to write something directly to the experts journal ? The 'print' sends to the experts log. Maybe anyone knows kind of workaround

The reason why I'm asking is that I want to synchronize my own log-entries with the messages in the experts journal. Another solution would

be if the journal/log would show the time in milliseconds but I guess this is not possible ...

If you mean the journal tab next to the experts tab this is the system log and not specifically for experts,  if you mean the journal tab in the Strategy Tester . . .  well that is for experts running in the Strategy Tester.

... I mean the system log. 

Thx clyx 

clyx58:

... I mean the system log. 

I don't know of any way you can write to it with standard mql4,  maybe with WinAPI but that is probably a bad idea,  if you try to write to it while MT4 is also trying to nasty things might happen.

... what's the "lightest" way to cause an entry into the system journal to be written ? My only idea is to change an existing pending order. With an irregular limit price

which can never get filled. This artifical limit is my logmessage-number in the experts log.  So when I log something in my expert I always increase an number. And each time

I 'send' this number to the system log via Ordermodify. This causes three lines in the system journal each time. Maybe anyone has a better idea ...

Thx clyx 

clyx58:

... what's the "lightest" way to cause an entry into the system journal to be written ? My only idea is to change an existing pending order. With an irregular limit price

which can never get filled. This artifical limit is my logmessage-number in the experts log.  So when I log something in my expert I always increase an number. And each time

I 'send' this number to the system log via Ordermodify. This causes three lines in the system journal each time. Maybe anyone has a better idea ...

Why ?  perhaps you should explain why you are trying to do this then someone may know a better way of achieving what you are trying to achieve . . .

... I want to have a synchronized logfile with my own 'print()'  messages in the experts log PLUS the system messages in the system log ...

Reason: