Noob question about multiple positions for same currency

Hi guys,

Had a good look round, but can't find an answer for this one. Probably something obvious.

I'm opening multiple positions three pips apart, each of which has a fixed stop and target. But when I alter the stop or the target for either trade - both get changed. Is this normal? Happens with both EA and manual trades.

Thx. 

1. Via code? Post it using SRC
  2. In the US we have to close the oldest trade first (FIFO rule) Some brokers implemented this by forcing the older trades to be at least as restrictive as newer trades. Older SL must be closer to market than newer so oldest trade closes first. Thus moving new can change the older. Other brokers implemented this in their back office accounting and didn't break the mql4 model.

Hmmm, I am using a US broker.  There's no code to show as there's no code making these updates, they're happening behind the scenes. Your description regarding older SL being forced to be at least as close to the market matches what I'm seeing. I think I'll stop trying to set the trades with different SL & TP, and just handle it all internally. Thx.

Reason: