question about chart bar coloring

Hello forum, I was investigating how it might be possible to change the color of a bar on a chart for a certain condition.

(The condition for the point of this post could be anything.....)

Found a previous post.   https://forum.mql4.com/10704 where the person posting: "Heino" suggested examining the Heiken Ahsi Indicator in mql4 Code ..."and then draw the bars with normal data"

I am not sure what the reference to "normal data" means and also I assume this solution involves using a line graph the same color as the chart background.

Would someone mind clarifying what normal data means in this context, and

pointing me to a post (if it exists) that actually involves altering the chart bar color itself.

Ultimately I am looking to remove some of my chart window indicators and simply have the chart bars change colors when my system conditions are satisfied, and remain as normal when they don't.

Any suggestions and clarification would be appreciated.

Happy to research but not sure what to look at..

Thanks

pullend:

Hello forum, I was investigating how it might be possible to change the color of a bar on a chart for a certain condition.

Why not simply paint a histogram on top of the chart bars ? you have 4 colours to choose from and you can even paint bars half one colour half another . . .

For example:

RaptorUK: Why not simply paint a histogram on top of the chart bars ?
Exactly what GRaB indicator does (3 indis 12 colors.) Download the newly updated GRaB 2.0 plug in for MT4 | Official website for trader and author Raghee Horner

Thank you to you both, I will explore this idea and the GraB indicator with interest.

I certainly have no need to reinvent the wheel here

Thanks again!

Reason: