Can I make an EA straight from..?

Hi,if I take the source code of a certain indicator and start coding an EA right in it,will it work or do HAVE to make a new expert adviser file??

Because I see that their structure is the same,I am just not sure mql4 allows it.

Thanks..

t0mbfunk:

Hi,if I take the source code of a certain indicator and start coding an EA right in it,will it work or do HAVE to make a new expert adviser file??

Because I see that their structure is the same,I am just not sure mql4 allows it.

If the Indicator uses buffers and Custom Indicator functions you should use iCustom() to get the information from your Indicator to your EA.  Custom Indicator functions cannot be used in an EA or Script.

Thank you.

And while still on the subject, is there a site or some place where i can download(or read) good commented original indicators source code?

t0mbfunk:

Thank you.

And while still on the subject, is there a site or some place where i can download(or read) good commented original indicators source code?

Not so sure about good code,  but you can find Indicators and source code here:  Code Base
Reason: